Math Church (The only sin is not trying)
Saint Paul Erdős List
- ε - "epsilons"
- Children were referred to as "epsilons" (because in mathematics, particularly calculus, an arbitrarily small positive quantity is commonly denoted by the Greek letter (ε))
- Bosses and Slaves
- Women were "bosses" who "captured" men as "slaves" by marrying them. Divorced men were "liberated."
- Died and Left
- People who stopped doing mathematics had "died," while people who died had "left."
- To give an oral exam to students was "to torture" them.
- To give a mathematical lecture was "to preach".
- The Book
- Said in regard to any particularly beautiful or elegant proof, referring to a mythical "book" in which God wrote the proofs for all theorems, as quoted in Philosophy of Mathematics (2008) by John Francis, p. 51.
- Fractal wrongness
- You are not just wrong. You are wrong at every conceivable level of resolution. Zooming in on any part of your worldview finds beliefs exactly as wrong as your entire worldview.
- Parking Item
- Find dependencies for math proof.
- Fact Denier
- Holy Roller
- Roadmap to Nowhere
Math Church Donations & Path to Heaven (If you ain't got money, we can't save your soul):